DYSLEXIA & LITERACY LINKS
LITERACY LINKS ON VANCOUVER ISLAND
1. Kids in Victoria (KIV) is a local, online community for moms and dads. KIV fosters relationships between parents in your real-life community, and helps you connect and share with these other, often busy parents.
Most of the content on KIV is generated by moms and dads just like you, and as soon as you become a member, you may begin contributing to the site, and its community.
KIV hosts a busy forum for you to chat with other parents about pretty much anything you like. If there's something on your mind, chances are someone else is interested in it too.
Kids in Victoria
2. Smart Tutor Referrals They offer top-quality professional private tutoring recognizing each student's unique abilities, needs and goals. Our specially selected tutors are well-supported to set the standard for quality in education. Tutorials are fully customized and flexible.
They work to improve skills, and increase learning confidence; challenging students to reach their potential. Smart Tutor Referrals"
DYSLEXIA LINKS WORLDWIDE
1. LDW is a worldwide leader on learning disabilities (LD). We support parents, individuals with LD, educators, clinicians, and researchers, with current, validated information on LD, ADHD, dyslexia, reading difficulties, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, processing disorders, language-based and nonverbal learning disabilities.
Learning Disabilities Worldwide
2. The Dyslexia Awareness and Resource Center provides direct one-on-one services to adults and children affected with dyslexia, attention disorders and other learning disabilities. The center also provides services to the families and to parents with children affected with dyslexia, attention disorders and other learning disabilities.
Dyslexia Awareness and Resource Center
3. Dyslexiahelp! is a Crossbow Education site. The purpose of the site is to help in the teaching of dyslexic students, by providing useful tips and teaching ideas, and links to other useful sites for dyslexia teaching, assessment and resources.
Dyslexia Help (UK)
4. The Department for Children, Schools and Families will build on the successes in education and children’s services that we have seen over the last decade. It will now focus on the significant challenges that remain – raising standards so that more children and young people reach expected levels, lifting more children out of poverty and re-engaging disaffected young people.
Department for Children, Schools and Families
5. Reading Success Lab provides research-based computer software for diagnostic assessment of reading problems, intervention exercises for improving reading skills, and reassessment tests to measure improvement.
Reading Success Lab
6. West Virginia University (Dysgraphia) Information on the condition of Dysgraphia, it’s causes,symptoms,and strategies to improve the writing abilities of affected individuals. Interesting ideas and concepts.
West Virginia University - Inclusion in Science
7. Davis Dyslexia Association International: Information, resources and training in methods for overcoming learning problems developed by Ron Davis, author of The Gift of Dyslexia.
Dyslexia, the Gift
8. Dyscalculia.org - A website devoted to the problems and solutions for people dealing with dyscalculia (specific learning disability in mathematics) which often goes hand-in-hand with dyslexia.
9. Academic Advantage - Academic Advantage (Aa) provides one on one in home tutoring support from B.C. certified teachers. Aa provides all subjects (grades 1 -12) as well as special ed and gifted programs throughout the Lower Mainland, Comox Valley and Campbell River. They have also opened a branch in Victoria on Vancouver Island
10. Reach to Teach Recruiting - Resource for people teaching ESL abroad. Reach to Teach helps you find an ESL teaching job with a reputable school that meets our standards for high quality English teacher positions. You can apply for jobs teaching in Taiwan, China and South Korea. We also provide support throughout your experience overseas in Asia.
English Teaching Jobs: China, Korea, Taiwan
11. ESL Teachers Board - Free teaching materials, ESL jobs and resumes.
12. ESL Galaxy - ESL Lesson Plan Portal Description: ESL lesson plan materials, printable worksheets & Games for Teaching English , Speaking, ESL kids materials, grammar exercises, reading and writing materials, Interactive grammar & Vocabulary Exercises for students.
13. dysTalk - So, what is dysTalk? Launched in September 2008, dysTalk is an information-sharing social enterprise devised by Will Orr-Ewing and Josh Pull. Our five-word mantra for the project is "helping your child learn better." It’s for parents of children who are looking for information on how to optimise their child’s learning. dysTalk provides information on specific learning difficulties that may be undermining a child’s performance as well as learning strategies that can potentially be applied to all children of all abilities.
Free teaching materials, ESL jobs and resumes
14. Best Learning Disabilities Tutors â€“ San Fernando Valley Improve study skills from one of the top tutors that specialize in learning disabilities, including dyslexia, ADD and ADHD. Larry Stone has many years experience as one of the best tutors for learning disabilities in children.
Best Learning Disabilities Tutors – San Fernando Valley
15. Sightwords.com Sightwords is a comprehensive sequence of teaching activities, techniques, and materials for one of the building blocks of early child literacy. This collection of resources is designed to help teachers, parents, and caregivers teach a child how to read. We combine the latest literacy research with decades of teaching experience to bring you the best methods of instruction to make teaching easier, more effective, and more fun.